08 June 2008

Chicago

I've been here for two full days now and don't think I've sweated more in my life!! It's been 85+ degrees both days with 378% humidity! At any rate it's been a great trip thus far. I've not only been having a great time staying with my friend Dave but I've also re-connected with, and rehashed a close friendship with my ex girlfriend Ann. All three of us went out Friday and Saturday and have had a great time!
Today Dave and I grabbed some breakfast at The Golden Nugget...the greasiest and simpelest breakfast in Chicago--plus the coffee was horrible, so it was a perfect introduction to mid-west life:) Then we picked Ann up and spent over an hour chatting and laughing at an outdoor cafe before meeting up with Dave's friend Dan. Ann left, so Dave, Dan and I all hopped on some bikes and rode around the city (actually the ENTIRE city...I'll post pics soon) for almost 6 hours. We stopped for a bit at "Blues Fest", a free outdoor music festival then kept riding.
Tomorrow Ann and I are going on an "architecture cruise" that Dave hooked up tickets for, and my flight to London leaves at 9:50.
I've got to cut this post short, there's a rousing game of Halo calling my name, but rest assured o loyal reader--more posts on more travels to follow!!

No comments: